Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dora or Not {Constance's party Inspiration}

My baby girl will be turning 2 in two months!! Where does the time go?! I am not too fond of the "character" parties and really don't want to do DORA, but my daughter absolutely loves her. She will wake up in the morning saying "Dora" and will get me the remote to the TV so that I can turn it there. What!! Dora more than Mommy.....Yes, Dora more than Mommy. Another thing, she can spot Dora (and Diego) a mile away in a store. Its really cute though. 

So I am gonna break it down and try to do a Fiesta {Dora} pink and orange party. Pink for Dora's shirt and orange for her shorts. I absolutely love these two colors together! So bright and cheery. I have designed the invitation already along with some of the party decor.

Here are 2 inspiration boards I created to give me some pink and orange modern ideas. More ideas are welcome for the "fiesta" side of things :-)




Sources for pictures: Clockwise from top left
Inspiration board 1:
Striped lanterns:  Pepper Design Blog
Cake setting: Sweet and Saucy shop


Inspiration board 2:
Flower cups: The knot 
Large balloons: Not Just a Mommy!
Dessert Table: Sweet and Saucy Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails