Friday, August 20, 2010

{Favorite} Cake Friday

For today's Favorite Cake Friday, I am featuring a cake done by the Cake Girls. They are two sisters that ran the well known cake shop in Chicago. I always watched them on Amazing Wedding Cakes on the WEtv network. Just this year they endured a terrible tragedy with their cake shop. A fire destroyed everything they worked hard for. Reading an update for this month on their website, they have not been making any cakes and are not taking orders, but have been fighting with insurance to get things sorted out. It was so saddening to hear about what happened at first, well still is. I can't imagine going through any of that.

Here is a cake I picked for this week that I LOVE!!
{photo via the cake girls}

I just Love the orange and brown together and the details with butterflies. Very fall like, which I have been missing that season lately. Ready for all the pretty fall colors and leaves changing and the lovely holidays! Though I will miss summer, I will not miss the heat.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails