Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mexican Layered Dip {Recipe}

I know this post has nothing to do with baking or party designs, but I cook a lot as well. We cook dinner every single night. When I stayed home, I was making 3 meals a day. I love the family time we spend together when eating dinner and I always make sure my family has a good home cooked meal. Not only am I  hospitable to my family, but anyone that walks through our door. It really is just a part of who I am. 

Since I started working at a preschool, the ladies there are like "you must cook dinner every night", when they see that I bring leftovers for lunch. "Yes we cook every night for the most part, its cheaper than eating out for every meal of the day!", I tell them. Its shocking to me that when some don't cook. My mom always made dinner every night and that is the way it will be for our family. And thank God for blessing me in that area as well.


So from time to time, I may put some regular non- baking recipes on here :-)

My husband loves to cook too! Mexican (like) dishes seem to be our favorite. Normally when I make this dip and it is usually gone within the same day or the following morning ( we are crazy and would eat it for breakfast). Since I have been working on some plans for my daughter's Dora Fiesta party, this would go great on the menu. It is THE simplest thing to make also. All you have to "cook" is the chicken! It is also changeable. You can add any ingredient you want into the dish or take away what ever you want. Like sour cream, olives, diced tomatoes, re-fried beans instead of black beans, what ever! You can't go wrong. If you like it, add it.

Chicken cooking

Simmering with the taco seasoning.

all put together



Serve with tortilla chips


Recipe:

Layered Mexican Dip With Chicken
Printer Friendly


Layered Mexican Dip With Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts  -  cube cut
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 to 1 jar of mild salsa - mild
1 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 can of black beans
2 tbsp olive oil - for cooking chicken
Tomatoes diced for finishing touch
Lettuce - optional
Olives - optional

Place oil in a hot skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook til done and there is no more pink. Drain (if needed) and set aside.

Add 3/4 cups of water to skillet and taco seasoning stirring til blended. Add chicken back to pan and coat all the pieces with the seasoning. Simmer for a few minutes and take off heat.

Spread cream cheese onto the bottom of a pie plate or square casserole dish.

Layer black beans, salsa, chicken, cheese, (in that order). Top with lettuce, olives, and diced tomatoes if you want to use those options. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving


Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.


An original by Crystal (me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails