Thursday, June 3, 2010

My first time with fondant

I have always loved the look of fondant, but heard many stories on how AWFUL it tasted. Then I found a marshmallow fondant recipe to make your own homemade. It looked pretty simple, but I put it off for a while because it intimidated me. Seriously, what is the worst that could happen? I was worried that it would come out too droopy or too lumpy or just plain hard like a rock. Following a recipe is something I can definitely do, though I do have a problem changing a recipe halfway through and it always comes out GREAT!! Changing this recipe was not something that I needed to do - would really set me up for my worst nightmare.

I got an order to do a Sonic cake to pretty much do whatever I wanted to it, just make it cute! So that was my time that I needed to try out fondant. It was a lot of fun to work with and tasted awesome! Couldn't believe that I had not tried it out sooner. The sonic cake, I did not cover the cake itself in fondant. That was iced in vanilla buttercream.

Here is the cake:



Keep an eye out. I will be posting a tutorial on making marshmallow fondant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails