Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two Tone Swiss Meringue Buttercream Cupcakes



I loved the way the icing looks on these cupcakes. Sorry for them still being in the pan. I had a pan/carrier combination so they were used to transport the cupcakes as well. These were made for my friend's son. He told me he wanted red and blue icing "mixed together". Of course I couldn't mix it together, you wouldn't see the red and blue anymore! So I split the icing into 2 batches and colored one red and the other blue. It took a while to get the colors right. Swiss Meringue is a little bit different when changing the color. When they were ready, I put one color into one side of the decorating bag and the other color on the other side. That is how you get the 2 tone look. I will post a tutorial in the future on doing this. Can be done with any color and well as more colors.


These cupcakes could easily go for 4th of July cupcakes or Fifa World Cup cupcakes. Just add some white frosting in the bag or some white sprinkles on top maybe.  
Stay tuned for the Swiss Meringue Buttercream recipe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails