Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Twilight Cookies

Tonight at midnight is the premier of Eclipse from The Twilight Saga! I absolutely LOVE The Twilight Saga. I haven't read all the books yet (such a slacker) due to other things needing my attention like my demanding daughter and life itself. Some me time is definitely needed to catch up on some reading, one of my past loves. Though, I didn't make any plans to see it on the first night, I plan to see it soon after the hype calms down a little bit. I wanted to make some treats to go along with the theme and decided on some red velvet cookies. I made these cookies before and they were really good so I had to try them again using a drizzle technique. Eclipse premier night was a great opportunity.




Twilight Red Velvet Cookies
Printer Friendly

Twilight Red Velvet Cookies

Ingredients
1 Box red velvet cake mix
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

Topping
1/2 bag of Candy Melts in white
1 disposable decorating bag
Size 2  Wilton decorating tip
Coupler (optional)
Wax paper


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ingredients until combined. Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. When done baking, let them cool completely.

Line your surface or a cookie sheet with wax paper (helps with clean up). Prepare your Candy Melts according to the package. Put your decorating tip inside your bag. Make sure you cut an opening for it - not too big or not too small. Or if you are using a coupler, put the coupler in the put the tip on.

You may need someone to hold the decorating bag for you for the next step.

Pour candy melts into your decorating bag. Make sure you hold it over wax paper or a small container. It may leak out the tip a little bit. Then you are ready to decorate the top of your red velvet cookies. Try a practice round drizzling on top of wax paper so you can get a feel of the way you want to drizzle your decoration. Enjoy!!!!

Source: Adapted from Bakerella

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails